Who Reads House Beautiful?
The House Beautiful reader is someone whose home is her bedrock. She is always improving it because the process – and result – delights her. Happiness in her home comes from easy luxury and highly personal style. Her home is a gift to share with family and friends.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
- The Best: The editors' inside-view of today's hottest products.
- Color: The perfect color every time! Top designers share their colorful secrets for effectively using color.
- The Makeover: Monthly series following the progress of an ongoing renovation project.
- Tablescape: Expert advice on setting a luxurious table--or creating a tabletop vignette--in your own home.
- Ask the Barefoot Contessa: Ina Garten shares simple how-tos, recipes, and entertaining tips.
- Cookbook: Editors put the latest cookbooks to the test, making recipes and offering real advice on what works--and what doesn't.
- Features: House Beautiful is the home design magazine that puts the reader and her lifestyle, tastes and dreams first. Recent issues have showcased furniture, accessories for the home, the use of color in your rooms, and how to make the most of a small space.
House Beautiful is a larger-than-average magazine printed on rich, glossy paper that makes the photography inside jump off the pages. It is a highly visual magazine featuring homes that are approachable and eclectic.
Editor-in-chief: Stephen Drucker, since October 2005. Prior to that he was a contributing editor at Architectural Digest and Martha Stewart Living. Editors at large include Mary Emmerling, Senga Mortimer, and Robert Rufino. Other contributing editors include The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten, and Frances Schultz.
Comparisons to Other Magazines:
House Beautiful has a clean-cut feel that celebrates a healthy indoor/outdoor lifestyle. Because it's all about the reader, House Beautiful does not endorse a particular style, region, or coast. It is an all-inclusive experience.
Honors include: Interior Design Hall of Fame inductee, 1993 Circle of Excellence Award, International Furnishings & Design Association Star of Design Award and the Pacific Design Center Frank Lloyd Wright Conservancy Special Interest Award.