* Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
* Plant Part: Flower Head
* Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
* Origin: Bulgaria
* Description: An evergreen woody shrub, up to 1 meter tall, with pale green, narrow linear leaves and violet blue flowers.
* Color: Pale yellow with a tint of green
* Common Uses: Herbalist regards Lavender as the most useful and versatile essential oil for therapeutic purposes. Lavender is the essential oil most commonly associated with burns and healing of the skin. It also has antiseptic and analgesic properties which will ease the pain of a burn and prevent infection. It also has cytophylactic properties that promote rapid healing and help reduce scarring. The scent of Lavender is said to have a calming effect on the body and it can be used to reduce anxiety, stress and promote sleep. Lavender Bulgarian is a very therapeutic grade comparable in status to the better known Lavender Population. The different soil, temperature, precipitation, etc. contributes to some subtle changes in scent, the greatest advantage being for more sophisticated label claims.
* Consistency: Thin
* Note: Top
* Strength of Aroma: Strong
* Blends well with: Bay, Bergamot, Chamomile, Citronella, Clary Sage, Geranium, Jasmine, Lemon, Mandarin, Orange, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Pine, Tangerine, Thyme, Rosemary, Rosewood, Ylang Ylang
* Aromatic Scent: The rich lavender-floral nature of this variety makes it somewhat fruitier, mellower and less camphoraceous than our Lavender 40/42. It smells more like fresh lavender.
* History: Lavender is adapted to living in a dry climate and is native to the western half of the Mediterranean, reaching altitudes of up to 1800 meters. It is believed that the Romans and the Benedictine monks subsequently introduced it to rest of Europe.
* Cautions: Non toxic, non irritant and non sensitizing. For external use only.