Get Black Friday Cheapest Prices
KYDEX V Sheet - 0.060" Thick, Calcutta Black, 12" x 12" 8PACK
- Brand:Small Parts
- Buy New: $23.00
as of 11/28/2014 22:02 UTC details
- Seller:Plastics 2000
- Sales Rank:1,576
- Color:Black, 52114, P3 Velour Matte
- Number Of Items:8
- Size:8 Pack - .060", Size - 12" x 12"
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.75
- Dimensions (in):12 x 11.8 x 0.5
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Kydex® V is a recycled grade of Kydex® 100 and Kydex® T
- Higher breakage resistance than competitive thermoplastics as measured by the Notched Izod test
- Among the most rigid of thermoforming materials with a modulus of elasticity of 2,482 MPa (360,000 psi)
- Easy to form with excellent part definition and deep-draw characteristics
- Great for knife sheaths and gun holsters
KYDEX® V sheet has excellent forming properties, which results in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail. KYDEX® V sheet forms to deep draws with low forces when heated to the upper end of the forming temperature range. Unlike many other thermoforming sheets, KYDEX® V sheet has unusually high resistance to hot tearing.
- Oven temperatures should be set differently than the settings used for ABS or FR-ABS.
- Typical heater settings (percentage timers) are 30% - 50% top heaters and 50% - 70% bottom heaters.
- The most frequent problem is trying to heat the sheet too quickly, particularly on the primary surface.
- Cycle times will vary depending on the oven conditions and grade of KYDEX® V sheet being formed.
- When forming KYDEX® V sheet, it is better to rely on the sheet appearance during heating than on fixed cycle times.
- Forming temperatures - Guidelines: (Sheet should not exceed 204°C (400°F).
165 - 177°C (330 - 350°F) for < 1.50mm (0.060").
182 - 196°C (360 - 385°F) for 1.50mm to 3.20mm (0.060" to 0.125").
196 - 204°C (385 - 400°F) for > 3.20mm (0.125")
- Ideally the core sheet temperature should be within 10°F of the surface temperature.
Sheet Appearance During Heating
As KYDEX® V sheet is heated, the inherent stresses in the sheet will relax.
• Stage I: The heating is marked by wide undulations and softening.
• Stage II: The material will start to form small ripples (known as oil canning). .
• Stage III: The material will start to smooth out and sag (KYDEX® V sheet will generally sag less than other thermoplastics due to its high melt strength. .
• Stage IV: The ripples will have smoothed out indicating that most stresses have been removed. 10 to 30 seconds afterwards the sheet is ready to form.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Take $10 off $30, $25 off $70 and $40 off $110 orders with code A124 at AdvanceAutoParts.com! Ends 11/30. Valid online only.
Find Black Friday Cheapest Prices at Deals2save.com