Third Reality’s Motion Sensor for Echo Flex is a PIR (Passive Infra-Red) sensor capable of detecting motion up to 20 feet away with a 120° viewing angle. Simply plug the Motion Sensor into Echo Flex’s USB port and Alexa will automatically discover it. Using the Alexa app, you can then create Routines which are triggered when (i) motion is detected or (ii) motion is not detected for a period of time. When creating a new routine using the Alexa app, under Routines, tap “When this happens”, select “Device”, select your motion sensor then decide what type of action to take when motion is either detected or not detected. For more information on how to create routines and routine options, go to the Alexa app. Try creating a routine that plays a News Briefing when motion is detected in the morning and a custom greeting that Alexa will say when you come home at night. Create a routine that will send an Alexa app notification when motion is detected. If you have a Smart Light or Smart Switch, use a Routine to automatically turn the light or switch on when you walk into a room and turn it off if there’s been no motion for a while. Expert Tip – you can adjust the Motion Sensor’s sensitivity by unplugging and plugging it back in 4 times. The blue LED will flash slowly while it’s starting up, indicating that sensitivity is set to low. Try it again, and it will flash rapidly, meaning sensitivity is set to high.
- Certified “Made for Amazon” Motion Sensor designed exclusively for Echo Flex. Echo Flex sold separately by Amazon.
- Create Routines: Using the Alexa app, create your own routines that are triggered when motion is detected. Customize Alexa messages like “Welcome Home” or “Motion Detected in Living Room” when motion is detected.
- Smart Light Control: If you have a smart light or smart plug connected to the Alexa service, you can create a routine in the Alexa app that will enable it to automatically turn on when motion is detected (and off when no motion is detected for a period of time that you specify).
- Hassle-Free Setup: Installs in seconds. Just plug it into Echo Flex’s USB port and Alexa automatically discovers it.
- Adjust the Motion Sensor’s sensitivity by unplugging and plugging it back in 4 times. See first FAQ below.
- No Batteries Needed: Powered directly by Echo Flex, never need to worry about changing batteries.
- Echo Flex can support 1 USB accessory at a time.